Bringing Happiness Home

In 2009 I decided that I wanted to write a book. Not a complex or intellectual book, just a simple coffee table book that collated the best of what I’d learned about happiness and how to bring it into your life for good. I traveled overseas for around 18 months beginning in 2002, and made…

Every Mum knows the feeling!

After I picked the kids up from care this afternoon I ducked into the library on the way home. (I Love the Library, but that’s for another time.) Laura was having a tantrum on the footpath outside while I had Dylan in one arm and my books and bag in the other. I started walking…

business success

Why Positive Psychology is the key to your Business Success

Given that the average employee is unproductive for around 25% of their working day, (and often stressed for the other 75%,) Positive Psychology Coaching aims to increase personal productivity and efficiency while building resilience to stress and burnout. The objective of the coaching program is to provide tangible results to the business while supporting executives to build a positive mindset and a sustainable work/ life balance.

positive-psychology-jodie-cooper

The best bits of Positive Psychology

There are many life changing theories in Positive Psychology! The research and concepts that stand out for me include the following: Seligman’s has a theory on how happiness plays out in peoples lives, he describes them as: The Pleasant life – Based on experiencing pleasure and feelings of positive Emotion, broken down into the past,…

What is Positive Psychology?

If we exist on a mental wellbeing scale of -8 to +8, psychology traditionally has worked to assist people to move from the negative up to neutral. The role of positive psychology is to study how to and then assist people to move from neutral to a high positive. Positive Psychology is the science and…

Happiness Habit #002 Gratitude

When I think back over the 8 years of my coaching journey and reflect on what’s had the most profound impact on my life and my happiness, gratitude is the hands down winner! It truly is an attitude of thankfulness that creeps into your life and affects your mindset in every way possible. In the…

Happiness Habit #001

  I’ve always enjoyed rising early, and what I’ve noticed is that other successful people do the same thing. It’s not that sleeping in doesn’t have the same appeal to us, it’s just that the feeling of starting the day on top of things is just to good an opportunity to miss! So, just for…